Beautiful girl

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bemba, Dec 5, 2010.

1. bemba

bemba Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    Hi guys, some of you may remember my efforts to breed pied call ducks, well I am getting colser.... bit by bit, anyway here is one of the most stunning pied ducklings that I have bred.... still no call blood in there tho.... but this girl was raised with a gray call, and yes its a boy [​IMG] Citychicker..... what do you think? Dad is that black pied runner boy that I posted pics of way back when.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Gorgeous!!!!!!!! Bemba- yesterday I spent the day with a friend who also has Runners and while I was there a gorgeous little one hatched. Her little one has swapped colouring to yours - mostly black with yellow around the eyes and patches over the body and wings. Also a very orange beak and cute little patterns on the feet. We are so hoping this little one turns out black and white in the same pattern as it grows.

It really is a slow process ...I have just yesterday borrowed some girls for my breeding program so I can still get out a few settings of eggs so I havent wasted a whole year after not getting what I expected this year.

3. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Very pretty! You will get there eventually. This bird is really very pretty. Thank you for posting pics. It is nice to see your progress.

4. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    really neat

5. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I like the color of her feet.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Beautiful!

7. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Wow! She is gorgeous!

8. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    Gorgeous! Hope you succeed in your project.

9. bemba

bemba Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    Thanks guys.... I think she is stunning, the first pic has dad, and the second pic, mum. CityChicker, I haven't bred another one near as pied as this one, and well, its the only duckling that I have bred from the black pied male, all the others are from the drake in the second pic, and she is the mother of all the pied babies, so to have this much white, does that mean dad is a bibbed not a pied? or could this be just a double factor pied?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Dogs N Quackers

Dogs N Quackers New Egg

Dec 13, 2010
    Langwarrin
    here are a couple of my babies that have the strange colouring, Your big black and white boy is more than welcome at my place
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by