Beautiful Good Tempered Easter Egger Roo

myawesomepullets

Songster
Dec 8, 2020
South Carolina
I’m looking to rehome an Easter Egger cockerel in the Charleston (SC) area. (Although I’m willing to drive him anywhere within a few hours’ drive). He is currently just over 4 months, we raised him by hand, and he has good temperament. I’m looking to rehome him, not give him to someone who’ll make chicken dinner out of him. 😬 His name is Brook/Brooks and here are several pictures of him currently:
0E7D757C-59F0-4048-B12C-A5A8A0DA5ED3.jpeg

85154D7E-5259-44FE-80FD-A5663AF72DF4.jpeg

20B0E442-E643-4A64-A757-9B7444F86F70.jpeg

I do prefer if anyone interested would tell me about their current chicken situation at home so I can make sure he’s going to a good home. I also expect updates/ pictures of him every so often, please!

Last edited:
Thank you! I've heard conflicting information about mixing vaccinated chickens with those that aren't and so I'm hesitant to take any that aren't.Maybe experts here will chime in and clarify this ...
He isn’t vaccinated but he was hatched into a vaccinated flock and never exposed to any chickens other than his foster mother and his sister and “aunts”.

My chickens are secured at night inside a 30 sq ft predator raised coop inside 78 sq ft. (hardware cloth) During the day they have an additional run thats an extension to the the other one .Its 8 x 16 128 sq ft. (Its covered with hardware cloth and has a tarp over it to keep them dry. )

My chickens have been fed Kalmbach crumbles since hatched 24/7 plus fermented mash in the mornings now that they're all laying (plus chopped greens, apples,herbs and cabbages 4-5 days a week). By early winter I hope to have an electric fence installed around their run.

I have a game camera set up that records 24/7(from different locations around the run)So far I haven't seen any predators yet on the footage. Probably because I have 2 hounds that are frequently out in the yard (the coop and run are 20 ft from my backdoor)My dogs are indoors at night.

Attachments

• WP_20211002_17_53_25_Rich.jpg
    WP_20211002_17_53_25_Rich.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom