1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Beautiful Homemade Quilt - 106" x 93"

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Matt A NC, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    This quilt is 80%+ handmade. The pieces were sewn together by hand in long rows then the rows were machine sewn together. The hem is the only other part that was machine sewn. The finished top, batting, and back were tacked together by hand.

The quilt measures 106" wide X 93". The pieces are 3 inch square pieces. When sewn together you get a blue million 2.5" blocks. There is a huge amount of time in this Quilt. All pieces are cotton.

This was sewn by my Mom. She has several more that will be offered over the next few weeks/months.

****SHIPPING****
    Shipping will be the actual shipping. This quilt is rather heavy, but I expect the shipping to be less then $20. Send me a zip for a quote.

****PAYMENT****
    I can take Paypal with an extra $3 fee for their service charges. I will also take a Postal Money Order.

Matt

2. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Beautiful!!!!

3. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Thank you, I will let mom know.

Someone PMed me and asked a couple questions, but when I cleaned out my inbox I deleted theirs as well and don't remember who it was.

Backing: Is just a white cotton sheet. I think it is 600 thread count. It was left large and was folded up over the edges for the hem.

Batting: A single layer, single piece, of low loft batting.

Shipping: I think their zip was a washington state zip. Using a Seattle zip put shipping right at $15 for parcel post and deliver confirmation #. The quilt weighs just under 7 pounds and my zip is 28655 if anyone would like to check

Matt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by