Beautiful White Pekin ducks in need of a new home

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by ang0335, Jun 22, 2015.

1. ang0335

ang0335 New Egg

May 15, 2015
    I have 20 beautiful white pekin ducks that desperately need a new home. There is a giant snapping turtle in my pond and it has already gotten a hold of one of our ducks and now they are afraid to go in the water and I am afraid that more of them are going to become victims of this turtle. All of them must be taken at the same time to the same home. I do not want them separated. They are approximately 3 months old. Hopefully I can find them a good home soon. They are located in Pinellas Park Florida.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    You can rid your pond of snapping turtles go to you tube lot of info on how to do it.

3. CrazyChickLady7

CrazyChickLady7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2015
    Exterminator?

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    There are people who will rid your pond or property of preds or pesky animals I was thinking more of bating and catching rehoming the snappers or having turtle soup.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  5. donaquijote

donaquijote Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2012
    Did you find a home for your ducks? I am in need of a female duck, preferably a Pekin. She would have a wonderful home and very good care in San Francisco. Please contact me if you still need a home for your ducks!

6. silenthawk2x3

silenthawk2x3 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2015
    Olean
    The easiest way to get a snapping turtle is to tie a heavy line to a milk jug and put the largest stainless steel hook you can find with a steel lead on the line. If you close the milk jug so that it will float and hook a chicken thigh bone-in (the stinkier the better) you will catch the turtle within the week. I have done this numerous times and the only hard part about it is hauling the turtles out of the water. Usually there isn't only one turtle though so always reset your trap for at least a week.

7. donaquijote

Jul 9, 2012
    I have just lost my female Pekin duck to an illness and would so love to find a female for my Pekin male Piotr. I might even take two. But would you send her to me in San Francisco? Is that possible? And I would pay most happily!
    My Piotr is so lost without his friend Posey and I am heartbroken!
    Either way, please do reply. It hurts so much to lose a duck that you have loved!

8. donaquijote

Jul 9, 2012
    Does anyone have or know of where I might find a Pekin female for my Piotr? He is so lonely without Posey and I am so very sad. We are in San Francisco and I offer lots of good care and a wonderful home!

9. donaquijote

Jul 9, 2012
    I need a white female Pekin duck for my male, Piotr, who just lost his mate. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Might we do for one of your girls?

10. Tberry88

Tberry88 New Egg

Oct 1, 2015
    I can take 10 of them if you can ship them to me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by