Beauty and Brains

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by LibrariHen, Jul 11, 2011.

1. LibrariHen

LibrariHen Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2011
    I just put a new 5-gallon-bucket-with-chicken-nipples waterer in my coop, and it took my girls all of about 30 seconds to figure it out. They're obviously very smart. [​IMG]

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

obviously they are!
    :eek:)

3. LibrariHen

Jun 27, 2011
    I also went out with a handful of (cooked) macaroni, which they loved. It was hilarious to watch them chase around to try to steal it from each other. Since I was sitting right there with more in my hand they really didn't need to fight over it... hmmm. Maybe they are a little prettier than they are smart.

4. bertman

bertman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Quote:I know what you mean, LibrariHen. Our girls are beautiful but they are not real bright. (But please don't tell them I said that!)[​IMG]

5. CamanoChicks

CamanoChicks New Egg

Jul 11, 2011
    I fed my girls some spaghetti this afternoon...what a hoot! I'm trying to train them to come when I call out to them and decided to give them the spaghetti as their reward for coming. Some spaghetti flew into the bushes and it was hysterical watching them jump up trying to grab the noodles. They keep me sooooo entertained. Who needs cable?

6. LibrariHen

Jun 27, 2011
    I love the idea of the spaghetti. I will definitely have to try that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by