Becarfule about adds on craigslist . Some are missleading

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by poultrykeeper08, Oct 21, 2008.

1. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    i was just on craigslist and there was a beware add so i looked at it and then looked at the ad that was being talked about .

They are selling rhode island reds and ringneck pheasants .
    They state that each chicken lays 3 big brown eggs a day .

Cant hens only lay one eggs a day ?
    http://westernmass.craigslist.org/grd/887510128.html

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. ChickaD

ChickaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    central Vermont
    One egg a day per hen is all we've ever gotten. Either that seller has discovered the Bionic Chicken, or perhaps meant to type 3 eggs per week, or is trying to take advantage of people. :mad:

3. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    yeah..I think he meant per week or three a day for all of his hens or something. It was probably a typo. I'm sure someone has emailed him about it by now lol

4. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    probably talking about 3 different hens-3 a day. I myself have only gotten and heard of 2 eggs a day.. and thats usually from not laying the day before because of something bothering the hen so she couldn't lay

-Daniel;

5. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    the add was flagged and then reposted so i decided to email him and he decided to email me and he decided to to IM me

i said so do they really lay 3 eggs a day per hen ? If so i am interested in 5

He said yes ,everyday each hen will lay 1-4
    somedays they will lay 2 some 4 some 1 but if you have 4 hens they make up for eachothers lay

that is sad if you are trying to scam people trying to buy a few hens for eggs just to make a few bucks !!!

6. ChickaD

ChickaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    central Vermont
    Oh brother! Notice the "weasel words": each lays 1 - 4 per day, so if someone buys them and complains, he could always say, "Well, they're laying at least 1" :mad:

7. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Yeah, we had a similar ad on our local craigslist a coupla months ago. The guy acted all surprised when I told him that hens weren't physically capable of laying three eggs every day. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by