Becoming an egg addict

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dmiravalle, Jan 11, 2011.

1. dmiravalle

dmiravalle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2010
    Foresthill, CA
    Ok, so I order my first mail order eggs, they are in the brooder now, and I am hooked even without chickies to play with yet.

So I have a HUGE question, how do you sell all of the chicks you hatching addicts hatch out???? My husband is worried we will end up with hundreds of chickens!!!

I have even resorted to checking out e-Bay, ackkkkk!![​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Have ya seen my yard, perchance?

What is this "sell chicks" of which you speak? I don't understand...

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Sell? What is this word you speak of regarding chickens?

4. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    i would like to see a pic of your yard gryeyes

5. dmiravalle

Dec 23, 2010
    Foresthill, CA
    I think the cows are going to rebel eventually do to all the chickens taking over!!

6. epitman2

epitman2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    North Augusta, SC
    I was wondering that myself all this hatching going on it wouldnt take long for them to get overcrowded so what does everyone do with all the chicks??? For myself im looking for about 20 for my flock 18 hens and 2 roos. I plan on eating the extra roos. [​IMG]

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Lawdy, lawdy. Unfortunately, any pictures I take would only show part of the story, as I am the sole individual with hands capable of operating a camera where I live. I get surrounded by the flock whenever I step outside. Front yard, mostly the senior flock-members. Back yard, mostly the junior members unless I have treats, then EVERYbody comes running.

Then there is the ginormous brooder in the shed, currently occupied by 26 eight-week old chicks. Then seven more in the bathroom brooders, and two more 9week old chicks "in hospital," recovering from injuries.

But I will try to get a Most of The Flock shot this weekend; it's the onlytime I am there during daylight hours.

8. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I think it must be a misunderstanding. [​IMG]

Surely the OP meant to write BUY more chickens.

9. dmiravalle

Dec 23, 2010
    Foresthill, CA
    Quote:Lawdy, lawdy. Unfortunately, any pictures I take would only show part of the story, as I am the sole individual with hands capable of operating a camera where I live. I get surrounded by the flock whenever I step outside. Front yard, mostly the senior flock-members. Back yard, mostly the junior members unless I have treats, then EVERYbody comes running.

Then there is the ginormous brooder in the shed, currently occupied by 26 eight-week old chicks. Then seven more in the bathroom brooders, and two more 9week old chicks "in hospital," recovering from injuries.

But I will try to get a Most of The Flock shot this weekend; it's the onlytime I am there during daylight hours.

Wholly Cow!

10. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    I just put an ad on craigslist for my extra Cochin cockerals for $10 each (they are a hot item around here.) Have someone coming to look tomorrow. It's sad, because I"m attached....but I figure it's a good way to convince hubby to let me hatch/buy more! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by