Bed and breakfast idea, Yes or no way?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I agree, it is going to be expensive and probably pass the costs down to the patrons. And it is not very attractive either.

3. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Interesting concept. Even if it is pricey I bet he still manages to remain booked solid just because it is a one of a kind.....

I myself would not want to stay there. I prefer land......

4. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    This is the light house I want. It was set to be sold, but it turns out part of it is not owned by the Coast Guard, its owned by the Forest Service or Interior.

It sits between Haines and Juneau, in the middle of the Lynn Canal, and has a famous (locally at least) ghost story/shipwreck story associated with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldred_Rock_Light

5. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    It has some interesting possibilities.

I wouldn't bother with fussy, cheap skate fishermen. I've been one and no-one made money from me that way. Family breaks won't make money either. The new owners could make it a weekend hideaway for executives and their secretaries. They would pay good money for indoor comforts and freedom from pursuing private detectives. The roof might even take a golf driving range but it's probably too late for that one.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'd stay there on vacation by MYSELF..(with hubby too, of course..) ..
    But i would NOT want too be stranded on that thing with 6 other couples... stranded... nothing to do...
    well... besides stay in your room... [​IMG]
    But still..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by