Bed time....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SilkieChickenLover336, May 3, 2011.

1. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    So everyday my silkie chicks always fall asleep at 9:09 they were born on april 29th!! for some reason they all just like drop into a deep sleep....i will poke them and pick then up but they will wake up for a secod then fall back asleep...is this normal? i dont think it is!!!

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    If they are in the house and listening to TV, I can think of several shows that would have me asleep nine minutes after the show comes on.

I obviously don't know enough about your conditions to even hazard a guess why they are keeping a schedule. As long as they are healthy and active when awake, I would not be concerned about it.

3. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    oh they are i think its just that they just fall asleep at that time because that is the time 1 hatched and that 1 is the leader

4. hbwbk

hbwbk Out Of The Brooder

If you can try to keep them on that schedule makes life easier later on but the babies grow up and then they become teenagers and we know they have no schedule or
    they just don't listen either. LOL [​IMG]

5. Anianna

Anianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    N/E of Richmond, VA
    My 11 chicks seem to all go to sleep at the same time at night, or at least within a couple minutes of each other. During the day, most will go to sleep for naps but one or two will stay awake and be trouble-makers, but at night it's "lights out" for everybody.

6. mcsfarms

mcsfarms Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern California
    We have 5 chicks and they all take naps together and go to sleep at night all cuddled up together.
    They are 1 week to 3.5 weeks old and have always slept this way - always like 3 weeks is a long time ha!

7. Anianna

Anianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    N/E of Richmond, VA
    Quote:It is in chick years!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by