bed time

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by leonphelps, Apr 3, 2012.

1. leonphelps

leonphelps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Bucks County PA
    does any other flock have the habit of squawking like crazy when they all go back in the coop at dusk?

mine go nuts then silence for the night.

2. prairie

prairie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    Kansas
    Many times mine do the same but they just want a treat and won't stop their squawking until they get a handful of scratch tossed in the pan! [​IMG]

3. GuineaMama

GuineaMama Out Of The Brooder

Mine raise a rucus every night as they are going to roost. Then quiet for a short time, and rucus again off and on all night. When they were penned up right outside my bedroom window it was worse, but now that they free range and roost in the big tree they aren't 'quite' as noisey but they are a far cry from QUIET.

4. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Yes, mine are noisy when they get up on the roosts after they've had their treats... only I have 5 separate flocks doing it all at once [​IMG]

I don't typically hear too much noise from them at night, except sometimes a few Hens in each flock will buck-wheat off and on all night, mostly just in the Spring tho.

Usually by 5 AM the chorus of Hens is going full force tho, any time of the year [​IMG]

5. BritinMO

BritinMO Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Yup - mine all scream at each other when its bedtime, I have the battle of the ones in the tree above the coop v. the ones who decide to sleep in the coop with the chickens - they all try to persuade the other 'gang' to join them - horrendous! Thankfully when its dark, they give up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by