Bedtime for Stan and his Red Wattle Gang

theoldchick

The Chicken Whisperer
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
May 11, 2010

Then there is Jennifer who did not appreciate my photographic attempts. She was even flexing her massive chest and giving me the 'fist of death'. Although this gal has never actually attempted a physical attack, she sure can put on a show when she is displeased.

Great photos! I had to laugh a Jennifer's threats. I really like the close up of the sleepy hen face. Chickens seem to look good in flash photos compared to other animals - it brings out their glossy feathers and they don't have much eye glare. As always Stan is mighty handsome.

Thanks! I'm amazed at how well those wattles fold against the feathers when they hunker down to sleep.

Unless you don't have any wattles. This gal is over a year old and never really grew much of anything.

Love Stan and his Red Wattle Gang! You take such wonderful photos. I really love JGs, too. Oh, heck, I love so many breeds, but I do perk up more when I see or hear anything about Jersey Giants.

Thanks! Stan is definitely fun to watch with his giant ego and stately good looks. 90 percent of the time the girls ignore him. Sometimes he'll act like he wants to be boss. All I have to do now is make kissy noises and he's like, "Oh, crap, she's gonna kiss me again! I'm outta here!"

love.gif

Beautiful pictures!! I love the close-ups. Your birds look so stunning with their glossy black feathers, dark eyes and bright red wattles. Stan looks like he's posing again, lol
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom