Bee Charmer here: any thoughts on cracked chicken feet?

bcharmer

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Noticed a little bit of cracking on my 4 week old Bared Plymouth Rock ...Minnie. Her feet were bleeding a little, we cleaned them off and she seems to be doing well. Any thoughts?

Greetings from Kansas, bcharmer, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! You really need to watch for infection if she has open wounds on her feet. You might want to post in the link below for some treatment advice. Good luck to you!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

welcome-byc.gif
Have you seen any mites or lice on her? The feet get scaly . Poor girl, when your feet hurt you just don't feel like dancing. Don't mind me I just had a new Milky Way French vanilla bar and the sugar has gone to my head.

Thanks so much! We cleaned them up ...peroxide and neosporin and they seem to be doing better. I will read on for more remedies.

Hi,
Thanks for the advice about the cracked feet question. Turns out the cracking was due to the girls jumping on and off the metal feed tray. I purchased a plastic tray right away. I kept cleaning their feet with peroxide and rubbing neosporin and or Vaseline everyday. I am happy to report that the have pretty much healed!

Back
Top Bottom