Beech Bluff, TN-Young German New Hampshire Red Cockerel (14 weeks)--Local P/U Only

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by mommachick1, Aug 4, 2013.

1. mommachick1

mommachick1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    Metro Atlanta, GA
    Beech Bluff, TN (38313)-Near Pinson Mounds Area--LOCAL PICK UP ONLY--"Fred"

I have a 14 week old, Pure Bred, German New Hampshire Red cockerel for sale. Bought these hatching eggs from a breeder on backyardchickens.com from Georgia (Larkrise), the last 2 pics are of the breeding stock that "Fred" came from, and are the breeders' pics. The first 3 pics are "Fred" taken on 7/23/13 at 11 weeks of age. The 4th pic is of "Fred", taken on 7/05/13 at 8.5 weeks of age.

We call this young cockerel "Fred" and was hatched on on 4/28/13. He looks just like his Father who is one remarkable specimen of the German New Hampshire Red breed. I had set out to keep him because I had 2 chicks that hatched and had a breeding pair, yeah! Unfortunately, the pullet "Ginger", passed away after being smothered by her pen mates when roosting about a month ago, (so devastated). So, all I have left is "Fred" out of this breed, and will try again next Spring for German New Hampshire Reds from this breeder. I have too many cockerels, and can't keep them all unfortunately.

He has been petted and handled often since he was hatched, and eats corn and treats right out of my hand. These pictures do not do him justice, his coloring is getting even more gorgeous with every day that passes! Local pick-up only, it's too hot to ship right now.

Pricing on "Fred" is $15.00 or best offer. I would prefer for him to go to a home that has a flock in need of a rooster, instead of a stew pot. He has such a loving personality, that it would be a shame for him not to be able to be a kind rooster for a family that has children especially. E-Mail or call me at (731) 225-1073 if you have any questions, or would like to purchase. I have several listings of my chickens on several websites right now, as I am going through my Spring hatchings, so keep an eye out for other chickens that are available. Right now I have mostly young cockerels such as (2) Pure Chocolate Bantam Orpingtons (Greenfire Farm) breeding lines, and an Oliver Egger roo which is a Welsummer X Ameraucana Cross. Thanks for looking! Theresa at Sunnydale Farm

cock, cockerel, cockerels, roo, roos, rooster, roosters, chicken, chickens, poultry, hen, hens, pullet, pullets, chick, chicks, livestock, animal, animals, farm, ranch, olive egger, olive, egger, Marans, French, black, copper, wheaten, ameraucana, blue, chocolate, orpington, GNHR, German New Hampshire Red, Barred Rock, Heritage, cross, rare, breed, bred, Welsummer

2. streahle

streahle New Egg

Jan 4, 2014
    Hello,

I am trying to find a German New Hampshire breeder. Could you help me out?

Thanks,
    Yvette Streahle

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by