Beef jerky recipes?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by hypnofrogstevie, Sep 28, 2008.

1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I have some beef mariating in cabelas jerky seasonig but I want to try to make my own seasonings. I have about 50 pounds of beef in my freezer and I want to make jerky out of it. Please let me know what seasonings you use to make the best beef jerky.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  2. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

I get terrioki marinate at the store . & put season salt & liquid smoke in it then soak over night

3. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    That one sounds simple and delicious. I just put the beef in the dehydrator. I am hoping it comes out good. Its a test batch.

4. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I buy London Broil on sale and slice it really thin and soak it overnight in a bag with Lawry's Steak n Chop marinade..excellent everytime [​IMG]

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    My uncle has been a cook his whole life. Where ever he goes if he eats something that is great tasting he talk the cook into givin up their secret. There is a lady who makes jerky for people who bring in their deer or bear etc.... He finally got the recipe and said it was the best ever. I had black bear jerky made with this recipe. It was great!!!

Best Ever Jerky

1 tbsp sugar
    1 tbsp salt
    1 tbsp black pepper
    1 tbsp red wine
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp hot sauce
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp meat tenderizer
    1/8 tsp red pepper
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/3 cup worcestershire sauce
    3 lbs meat sliced 1/4" thick

Cover with marinade and keep in refrigerator 24 hrs then dry.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I have a recipe that uses ground beef that I make every year for us to take camping. My kids have always liked it especially when they were little and sometimes had a hard time eating the tougher versions.

7. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    My mom bought a jerky kit from cabelas that has the ground beef gun. I never got to use it yet. Now with the seasoning for ground beef you just mix it in right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by