Beekman Boys show

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by colowyo0809, Jun 16, 2010.

1. colowyo0809

colowyo0809 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    So, I'm currently watching the new show Beekman Boys on Planet Green and all I can think is "OMG this is us in a couple years!"! So, apparantly this show is about a two man couple that are farming for the first time. One is on the farm full time and one works in the city during the week. And, when they are home together they are arguing. To be honest, the arguing part is us now [​IMG] granted, not all the time, but sometimes the vision I have for things and the vision he has for things are not even in the same dreamscape, so to speak. We've already talked about the future, and we have agreed that I will be the stay at home farmer/rancher and he will be the work off the property person, and I already know I will be more involved than he will (unless it involves selling or tours or something [​IMG] [​IMG] )

So, has anyone else seen this show? And is anyone else in this kind of situation? [​IMG]

Matthew Ryan

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Ugghhh!!!! I wanted to watch it.. But forgot. [​IMG] And the hubby is watching Bangkok Dangerous now.

3. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I heard that one of them used to work for Martha Stewart, how could you not tap into that fountain of knowledge lol

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    very funny.

5. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Here in NY, its on Logo. They just won Logo new show award last night!

6. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    watched it and liked it ,it was funny and like you said martha what knowledge

7. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

playing catch up with this show. Luckily, like dirty jobs and deadliest catch, they rerun episodes often. Tonite was the season finale and i am hooked. really enjoy the series. Josh and Brent did a live chat on Planetgreen.com tonite and it was fun!

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I hope they are successful despite of their bickerings LOL! Seems like a lot of resentments going on. Whatever it may be, hope they can resolve themselves.

Anyone tried their soaps???????????

9. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I am watching it right now! I think it's a great show!

10. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Been watching it.... uh, interesting.. That Brent is just about the most unpleasant and unhappiest person ever. Many times wonder WHY Josh is staying with him, if he's really like that? Probably played up for the show but whoo, the things he says and does. Cheered when Josh stood firm with planting his potatoes!

Farmer John MAKES the show! He and Polka Dot are what made me stay with the show. It is so hilarious how he loves his goats a bit too much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by