Been a long day :(

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ChickieBooBoo, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    For starters let me say that I got about 3 hours of sleep last night, I stayed up until about 3:30am trying to finish a few assignments that my partner ditched me on, then got up at about 6:30am to finish them. This whole day I've been concentrating on putting one foot in front of another and not falling, definantly not the best state of mind to have when you already feel like giving up on the poultry. Anyways, yesterday by Muscovy hen Rosalie hatched out three little ducklings, cutest things ever. Today I was loading a semi and I seen Rosalie outside swimming without her ducklings, once I was done I went to go see and the ducklings were all gone! There she is, outside swimming while her babies were either eaten by something or wandered off. Stupid duck, I just wanna kick her! To top that off my mom refused yet AGAIN to drive me to the feedstore, I've been trying to get a ride for the past 6 weeks and NOBODY can take 30 mins from their day to give me a ride. Tonight me and her had the same conversation we do everytime I ask:

Me: Can you drive me to the feedstore?

Mom: Not right now, dad took the van

Me: Take the other van

Mom: *No answer*

I ran out of chick starter/grower weeks ago, moved onto the duck starter and turkey started because I had nothing left. I am offically OUT OF FEED and STILL nobody cares to drive me. Just like when my meat chicks arrived at the feedstore and my mom would have left them to die over the weekend, she didn't care. I ended up having to get a ride with a fellow who works for my dad and pay him in eggs. I'm just DONE with this crap! Its not they are paying for the feed or anything!

A few days ago me and my mom had a horrible agrument, both of us screaming cuss words at the other because HER dog killed ANOTHER one of my Hamburgs. She says I shouldn't have the birds because I'm not fit to take care of them. She couldn't careless if the birds were all killed by that mutt, who cares that they are MY pets. Its only her stupid dog that matters. One thing I learned during the good hour we spent going at each other, if it wasn't the dog killing them it would be her. She's threatened several times already to kill them.

2. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    Wow. [​IMG]
    Parents can be frustrating...When I was 18 I chose a college 2000 miles away from home so that I could get some independence from them.
    Now I live with them, trying to get on my feet, and they still make me frustrated. "When are your chickens going to lay?" "WHEN THEY ARE READY!!" "Why not feed them just scratch so they'll lay?" "SCRATCH WILL NOT MAKE THEM LAY, I TELL YOU!!"

When these arguments happen, just walk away and take some time to regain your composure. Maybe you will be better able to talk when both people involved are calm. Other than that, I have nothing else to say but [​IMG]

3. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    They just don't get how important the chickens are to me [​IMG] either that or they just don't care

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Hugs! I look forward to reading a post saying that you have moved out.Sounds like things are pretty nasty at home.My mom and I did not get along very well until I moved out. I know my mom and I argued a lot,but for the life of me I can not recall WHAT we fought about. I second the recommendation to just walk away.Tend to the animals the best you can so no one complains. I hope you can stock up at the feed store! And so sorry about the ducklings!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm sorry things aren't going well for you right now. [​IMG]

6. Chickens_in_a_nutshell

Chickens_in_a_nutshell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Montana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's unfortunate that your mom doesn't understand how you feel. Did you ever tell her that how you love your chickens is how she loves that dog? I really hope that she can become more like my mum, she's glad the chickens make me happy. I'm really sorry. [​IMG]

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Wish I lived closer, I'd take ya! Frustrating dealing with people that just don't "get it". [​IMG]

8. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:Ya, she just doesn't think its possible to love chickens as much as a dog. [​IMG]

9. Chickens_in_a_nutshell

Chickens_in_a_nutshell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Montana
    Quote:Ya, she just doesn't think its possible to love chickens as much as a dog. [​IMG]

I know, crazy right? Those are your pets and she should understand and respect that like you would. (okay, in all seriousness, I'd kick that mutt but you get the idea.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by