Been a long week here....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smpezzi, Jul 14, 2008.

1. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    It has been a long week, well almost week I guess here. Mom had surgery last Wed, supposed to be simple gallbladder out and internal liver biopsy. Surgery went well over all took her home the same day. Well the "friend" who is staying with her is useless, wouldn't even make jello until the 2nd day when mom screamed at her that she needed jello NOW. She has been horribly sick and in terrible pain, now the doctor won't do anything more for her unless she goes to ER which of course mom refuses to do and her friend is backing her up the whole way even though mom is dehydrated and going downhill fast! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I have spent the whole day on the phone with surgeon, mom and kate and I just want to crawl into a corner throw a blanket over my head and scream!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I dont know how much more I can take of all this. The surgeon is worried she is heading for liver failure now.

I still have swap stuff to finish up and get mailed- I promise those who are waiting it is coming I haven't forgotten I have just been tied up with moms complications.

One good thing at least in my kids eyes is we got two new kitties- farm kitties the boys are thrilled (well the 3 that are here and not at camp anyway) luke the cockerspainel isn't so sure this is a good thing tho LOL

OH and we are on day 19 with bator 1. Had to add water to up humidity but all seems to be well so far so good! Adding water was interesting lol should have seen me trying to manage that one!

Ok guess I am done venting for now need to try to figure out what to do about mom [​IMG]

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Ah man! :-( I'm sorry you're having such a bad week. Is it possible to get a visiting nurse or caretaker in that actually...I dunno...takes care of her for real?

:aww

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    So sorry to hear your news, you must be frantic! personally I would tell the surgeon to get his act together and readmit your mother urgently, it is not a question of sending her to the ER as he has all her notes and he did the operation and it is down to him regarding her condition at the moment.....why does he want to "pass the buck" to the ER dept when he knows her medical history... how bizarre!

4. smpezzi

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Quote:Well we could if the [​IMG] surgeon would authorize it but he won't, he wants her to go to the hospital through the ER [​IMG] :thun

5. smpezzi

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Quote:I am beyond frantic actually! I don't understand why he won't just readmit her, although since I am the one who would have to tie her up and drive her there in a small way I am glad. What gets me though is what part of she can't even sit up do they not understand??? How is she supposed to ride 1/2 hour to the hospital????? UGH [​IMG] :thun And people wonder why I can't stand doctors anymore!

6. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I am so sorry. If it was me I'd probably call 911 and have them race her to the hospital in an abulance. But then again my grandfather before he passed away refused to get into the ambulance and they said they could not do anything about it [​IMG] Hope she gets medical care that she needs. My prayers are with you.

7. smpezzi

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Quote:That's just it she would refuse also [​IMG] Several years ago she walked out of the hospital 3 days after major surgery, I mean took her own IV out and walked down the hall with nurses following her saying "you can't do that" She is stubborn to say the least, she hates hospitals and doctors. The surgeon could order labs from a place right near her that I could convince her to go to, he could call in more pain meds and nasuea (sp) meds but won't cause he wants her to get in the car and ride 1/2 an hour to the ER [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :thun [​IMG]

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Try calling your local Social Services and explain that you need help and why. Maybe they can help you and guide you in the right direction.
    If the caretaker is not taking care and if you Mom is of a certain age, elder abuse is a possibility.

9. smpezzi

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    The "caretaker" is a friend who flew in from out of town so far all I have been told after several phone calls looking for some kind of help for her is if her friend isn't doing a good enough job throw her out and take over myself- I would but I don't think that my 3 young children would be the best thing for her right now and she doesn't want the kids to see her in this state anyway [​IMG] I just don't know how to help her at this point.

Edited to add great suggestion though [​IMG] I do appreciate it- more than you know

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by