been boxing hummel figurines for the last 3 hours

backdoorchicken

Songster
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
newport news va
what a pain in the butt. first i had to find all the boxes in my step dads attic. bring them all downstairs. then match the box(with picture) to the figurine. i am giving up for the night now.

i still can't believe people collect these things.

Why are you packing them up? LOL My Mother in law collects them and they are all over the house, I cannot believe the cost of them, not a fan I guess...

some work is being done to his house and he does not want them to be damaged.

one box had a price tag on it for $412 and that was back in 1988.

i don't get it.

Last edited:
I used to collect Hummels, and still have a bunch of them. I have the little individual boxes in a large box in the attic. The figurines are in a display cabinet in my dining room. Most of them were gifts.

Good luck with getting them all boxed up.

i have my work cut out for me

IMG_8528.jpg

When hubby and I were house hunting we saw this place that was wall to wall furniture, wall art, and those glass display cases. They had at least 10 display cases full of figurines. I just can't imagine the amount of money spent on all that stuff.

jesus i never thought i would finish packing these things.

my mom called to ask how it was going. i said i hated doing it and that i did not understand the love these things. she said his last appraisal was estimated at $40k. that was 8 years ago.
ep.gif

now i get it.

Last edited:
After reading your title I had visions of you in a ring with gloves on sparring with a bunch of tiny figurines. :)

Back
Top Bottom