Been feelin' a tad bit blue, so I indulged myself with fried

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dewey, Mar 13, 2011.

1. dewey

dewey Songster

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    CATFISH...in all it's deep fried, greasy glory, along with an order of deep fried asparagus, mushrooms, and carrots. Drove way out of my way to go pick it up at a little dive place and have had it now for 2 meals over this pampering, "licking my wounds", weekend. Before realizing it I'd eaten that last bite...had I realized it was the last one I would have savoured it longer...ain't that true of so much in this life. BUT, happy note, 2 of my girls gifted me today with their first eggs and cheered me up some.
    Firsts and lasts are very special. [​IMG] to everyone that may be feeling a bit low or down and depressed.

Now bring on the chocolate. [​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

3. dewey

dewey Songster

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Awww, thank you. [​IMG]

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    it feels so wicked to indulge in deep fried food. But sometimes it is glorious to indulge in the fried food. I am happy that you enjoyed it so much.

5. dewey

dewey Songster

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Thank you. [​IMG]

It'd been a long time since having any and I found myself oddly craving catfish...it was a little order and I didn't snarf it up or anything but I surely enjoyed it. Hmm, now that I've written that out loud, maybe it was more of a craving to have something that was usually avoided due to over-adapting to another's likes. By golly, I think that's it!LOL
    I'm putting down the chocolate now. [​IMG]

6. Baymule

Baymule Crowing

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Nothing like fried food and chocolate for comfort food. LOL Here in the south, we fry just about everything. Then we slosh it with gravy, katchup, tobasco, syrup.......you get the picture. [​IMG] My advice to you is go get some more.

7. dewey

dewey Songster

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Quote:Haha, love it! Thank you. [​IMG] Although I've lived elsewhere my entire life, I'm actually southern born and bred and was raised here by a transplanted, generational southern family...can take the person out of the south but not the south out of the person! [​IMG] That little dive place has fried okra and pickles, too, but I passed on the pickles...maybe I'll take another long, relaxing drive and swing back by there for some!
    [​IMG] Thanks everyone.

8. Royd

Royd Songster

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    In the summer, when I have eggplant and green tomatoes, I'll have what I call, Fryday, usually on Friday.

9. dewey

dewey Songster

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG] That's a cute term, fryday...and the fresh goods from the garden sounds delicious.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: