Been gone awhile....but I am back!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Maryallison, May 14, 2010.

1. Maryallison

Maryallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    Gosh, I haven't logged in here since December! Crazy huh? I admit I am addicted to facebook now! [​IMG] Been busy with the hatching & buying chickens.

My EEs lay me about a dozen eggs a day now! They are so big and pretty! And my giant chicken house is almost done. Well, it was done till I bought 1 more breed of chicken--haha. My poor DH! [​IMG] We have the chicken house seperated into 3 different section (soon to be 4), little doors that lead outside to their runs that are also seperated and we also have built in brooders. Oh I love the chicken house! [​IMG] And I love my chickens so much!

Right now I have 5 hens that are broody too! Ploof (white silky hen) recently hatched 3 chicks! We took them from her and put them with the ones we hatched in the bator. And now Salsa has 5 eggs! She is a very good mama hen! It is so cute to see her love the eggs and roll them around. [​IMG] I also have eggs in the bator.

Tonight we moved around the 5 month olds. Got them in the pens they will grow up in. Hope it works this time. We tried 1 other time before and it just didn't work. I really think they are old enough this time. Cross your fingers for me. I always worry. I just hope the morning goes ok.

I have also made a friend who enjoys chickens as much as me! It is wonderful. We have traded some eggs and we get together pretty often. Nice to know other people are just as chicken crazy as me! [​IMG]

Guess that is about it! Glad I was able to log in and didn't loose all my info. Soon I will have to upload some pics of coops and my chickens. I am excited to be back here!

2. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Welcome Back [​IMG]
    Where's Fountain at? Im in Ocala.

3. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    welcome back Lots happening in Florida lots of swaps and a show this month in Pensecola Alot of new members as well I have a chicken house that sound similar to yours with 3 runs and coop separations of course I outgrew it before it was finished now it has three additional coops and runs added to the back wall lol

4. Maryallison

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    Hey poultryhaven I am inbetween Panama City and Dothan, Al.

5. Maryallison

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    Funny Sugar Sand Farm! I have 2 other coops besides the giant chicken house [​IMG] I promised no more breeds for awhile--hehe! I have polish coming in the mail soon and then that is it--hehehehehe! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by