Been gone - now back!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Kelebek, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Kelebek

Kelebek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2009
    Orange Grove, TX
    hello all! I have been gone for a while and I am so sorry - but I am excited to say that I am back!! At least for a bit. The farm is bursting at the seams with prego goats, babies being born, and now an impending move cross country. With that said - we have down sized both our chicken flock and our duck flock. We are down to 5 chickens and 6 muscovey ducks. We currently have 3 ducks that I know of that were laying - but 2 ducks were sharing one nest and now one of them is brooding the nest starting about a week ago!! I am so excited. These should be our first ducklings!! The hen is a silver (that is sitting on the nest) and the male a blue pied. The other female that was laying was a blue pied and not sure who the father would be - either the blue pied or a black pied ;-)

The chocolate hen is also laying a clutch right now - stumbled upon it last night by accident and lets just say she was NOT happy. I found 4 eggs in the nest but figured since I disturbed it so much that she wouldn't come back so I took the eggs for me :) Sure enough - she was back in there this morning rearranging her nest and laying back in it :) So hopefully we can get a second clutch layed!

I am going to miss the birds when we move - but I will definately be getting more as soon as we are settled in the noew house!

So if anyone would like some muscovey hatchlings - let me know!! I am located in North Idaho and I am willing to ship!!!

2. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Welcome back, I would love some ducks but my DH might just divorce me if I do. when do you think they should hatch?

3. Kelebek

Kelebek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2009
    Orange Grove, TX
    This will be our first hatching - but if memory serves I think it is about 34 days from when she starts brooding - so maybe right around Easter [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by