Been meaning to post pics of my house and finally did

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Buster, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

A little over a year ago we moved in to our home that we love dearly. I thought I'd get some pics of it today while some of the snow was cleared and there was a little sunshine.

Here is the view from the road:
    [​IMG]

And here is the view of the area to the side of the house. In the spring I am fencing everything between the driveway and the ditch and from the white fence to the trees and making that my chicken yard. Also, the new coops that I am building are going to be just behind those tall trees with the runs coming forward between the trees with the option of letting them completely out into the chicken yard. We will be doing a garden in back of the coops. We are going to border the entire property with lilacs as well. Last year was our year for settling in. This year is our year to make it our own.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Beautiful! I especially like the driveway ornaments!! [​IMG]

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Nice place. Even better with chickens walking around!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Nice! [​IMG]

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

LOL Those driveway ornaments are the reason I'm making a chicken yard on the side. People will still be able to see them but they will no longer be able to poop all over the driveway.

6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Wow. It all looks great. I love that clump of Evergreen trees in the middle. Very nice, and thanks for sharing!

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Thanks Sem. I wish I didn't have those trees. There are those plus the ones in the backyard. Trouble is that no one around here will dig them up to resell them and I don't have the heart to cut them down. I would gladly sell every one of them. Most of them are around 50 feet tall and most of them are spruces.

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    lovely! what a nice place. it's wonderful to come home to a house that is just what you want.

9. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

It looks nice, straight and kept up nicely Buster.

I would love to have one of those grain bins in the background of your picture for here at my place.

Looks like the chickens are right at home as well.

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Oh yes the grain bins- there are several of those plus a huge spud cellar right behind my property line that belong to my neighbor. I would love to have the spud cellar. Do you know how many chickens I could put in that thing???

It IS very nice to come home to a place you like. We love this place. We have both moved around so many times in our lives. We never plan on moving from this house. Home sweet home here. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by