Been playing with making a website

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rainplace, Dec 29, 2009.

1. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Great start! Looks good to me!

3. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    very nice i like it but maybe you should add more text about the bird breeds on your breed page

i just had an idea we should make a thread on here comparing our waterfowl websites

4. rainplace

Quote:Excellent idea... I'll add that.

5. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    No offense, but I personally don't like the look of sites that use templates, especially for animals. It's fine for like say, a business that sells services like financial services, but it has a really cold linear feel for something we're trying to show as cute and cuddly and get people emotionally involved with. Just my .02 worth.

6. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    ok tell us wen you get done and ill give it a gander LOL

7. rainplace

Quote:I hear what you're saying, however since I don't know how to do anything else, this is what I got. [​IMG]

8. rainplace

Quote:It's changing every few hours. Besides not being cute and cuddly, what else should I add. I've started adding info about the breeds, but since I've been at the computer for hours my carpal tunnel is acting up, I took a little break [​IMG]

9. giffy

giffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    Quote:I would say you are off to a great start. The templates help get your feet wet.

If down the road you decide on your own stand alone site, there are alot of good free web page generator/editor programs. A good one is Kompozer.

giffy
    -----------------------
    GiffsFarm

10. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    the only thing that you dont have that i would suggest mayb a sales policy and/or a price list of some sort...... like i have a sales policy page.

you can see it on my site link below! thats all i can think of to make a good site better!!

good job

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by