Before and After BYC LOL

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SuziQ991, Jul 9, 2010.

1. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Last August I decided I wanted a few hens for fresh eggs. My DH built me a 8x4 coop and I bought 6 hens.
    [​IMG]
    All was well for awhile THEN I found BYC and you know......the chicken math thing......becoming a hatchaholic and so on. So this is what happened: Coop number two, 10x12
    [​IMG]
    And here is the whole place
    [​IMG]

So I have 4 hens and 4 chicks that my broody hatched in the smaller coop. I ordered eggs from a great bycer and incubated 12 and they have the larger one. I am hoping to combine the 4 with the 12 soon. I am here to say that BYC and this chicken thing is ADDICTING!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. dsowens15

dsowens15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Winchester, TN
    I know what you meam. I have three coops now and a tractor for broodies and grow outs [​IMG]

3. SuziQ991

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Will it ever end?? LOL

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Lessee, I'm up to: A-Frame coop (original build), 8x4 coop (I built this too), 3x3 Duck House I built (ducks don't use, but four bantam 14 week olds do), Little Tikes Playhouse coop for a grow-out coop for 2 bantams and 2 LF chicks 9 weeks old, and a fancy-schmanzy coop constructed by a real builder.

Lordy. It's GOT to end! [​IMG]

5. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

Nope, it won't end. We've all got it bad and it's gonna keep going and going. [​IMG]

6. SuziQ991

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    So what you are saying is I should start saving my money now LOL

7. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Your place looks lots better organized than ours! We have pens and runs and houses and coops and barns and equipment and.... *stuff*... all over the place!

Lovely little houses!

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG] Very cute coops!

9. goatranch

goatranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2009
    [​IMG] LOL!!! Our place is starting to look like we have a hatching problem as well!! I have sold some pullets this week so I can start another hatch. Hubby asked how I was going to invest my chicken money. I told him Hatching Eggs (of course)!!!!! We have a 8 x 10 coop (we should have made it bigger), and 2 hoop tractors for growing. We have a 10 x 20 building we need to put up this fall that was supposed to be for hay storage!![​IMG] I say "chickens are a healthy addiction"!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by