Before and After pics of Embdens ***sad UPDATE**

Biddieacres

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
This is the picture of the geese their first day home. June 27, 2009

8171_173.jpg

Pictures below were taken today, July 15, 2009 . 2 and a half weeks later. I am so happy with how much healthier they seem now.
smile.png
They are still terrified of me and I don't think that will change. Maybe it is because they never had human contact as babies.
idunno.gif
I am just happy to see them enjoying the sun, good food, grass and lots of water. I think it has made a big difference!

8171_004.jpg

8171_005.jpg

Last edited:
They are beautiful
big_smile.png

Does the one on the far right have a wing turned out or is it just the way she's holding it?

My goslings are a couple of weeks behind yours in age, and those blood feathers coming in are heavy and tender, and sometimes they seem to just "sag" in their heaviness lol.

When I saw that picture I thought "Oh no, angel wing!" so I went outside and checked. I didn't see anything, then again I can't catch them. But from a distance I couldn't see any wings turned out so I think it was just the picture. But the picture does look like there is a problem there.

I think their faces look happier so I am happy!

Last edited:
Beautiful! I think geese sometimes hold their wings downwards when they are contented and calm. My pilgrim did this when she was younger. It's not often that she does it anymore, but I can see this being the cause for your goose's odd wing position.

Last edited:
I went out and watched them closely for a while and that one kept dropping its wings as if they were hard to hold up. It kept sliding down, then it would pick them up almost constantly. Is this normal when they are growing in?

Quote:
Sometimes they do that when they are warm. Other than that, I don't know why the goose would do that... Hopefully someone else can give you some more ideas.

Back
Top Bottom