Before and after, some pics of my chicks!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by howfunkyisurchicken, Mar 2, 2012.

1. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    My chicks are 3 weeks old now, so I thought I would post before and after pictures of some of them (my Speckled Sussex and EEs are deathly afraid of my camera :rolleyes: ). Enjoy :)
    Red and blue Cochins, 3 days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Same chicks, 3 weeks old, enjoying a dirt bath!
    [​IMG]
    Leghorn, 3 days old
    [​IMG]
    Same chick, 3 weeks old
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure what color to call this chick, it is supposed to be blue. It does have some blue patches, but its mostly black. Cochin, 3 days old
    [​IMG]
    Cochin, 3 weeks old, what color do you think it will be?
    [​IMG]
    Barred Cochin, 3 days old
    [​IMG]
    Barred Cochin, 3 weeks old. This is my absolute favorite chick! She's such a sweet ball of fluff.
    [​IMG]
    They've grown up so fast. Now I just wish one of my hens would go broody. I need more babies!!!!

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I love your barred Cochin! What a transformation from chick to three week old! It's amazing, isn't it?

Thanks for sharing the pics.....I love that pic of your blue cochin as a chick, with it's little eyes closed.

Sharon

3. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Thank you! I just love her too :) her and my Leghorn chicks, who surprised me with their awesome little personalities!

4. LilMissChz

LilMissChz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    North East, Maryland
    Your chicks are sweet. When do you plan to have more?

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    They are so funny when they are teenagers!

6. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn

ASAP, I admittedly have an addiction :p

7. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    it's been awhile since i've had chicks, so i forgot how fast they grow! i was thinking that it takes about 6 weeks for them to look like little adults, but no, now i can see they look like tiny adults at about 3 weeks! CUTE! my favorite pic is the one of the FUZZ BUTT! chick butts are the cutest butts in the world!!! and then when they grow up, my favorite parts of them is their feet (especially) and then their combs and wattles. but i love chicken feet!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by