1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Before And After ....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chickie Mamma, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, I can't believe how much faster a duckling grows than a chick! here's a before and after. Its funny how the duck still hides behind the chick when scared. Chick is 2 weeks old and the duckling is 1 week old now. The duckling still tries to snuggle with the small stuffed bunny that was in there. You can barely see the bunny. [​IMG]

BEFORE..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

AFTER...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] awwww too cute. I so want ducks, but they are too messy for my little yard.

3. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    EXTREMELY messy!! I have 2 adult females out with my chickens and I can't keep up with all the mess. But I think they are soooo much cuter, especially as babies!

4. jkpnelly

jkpnelly Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2008
    They sure grow fast. [​IMG]

5. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    [​IMG]

LMBO!!! LOLOLOL now that is tooooo funny! [​IMG]

6. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Its too funny watching that poor duck try to fit on the stuffed bunny. I tried a larger stuffed animal and the duck hid in the corner of the cage. Won't go near it. So I put back its little friend. It will be its friend for life! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    That duck is just too cute!! Can't believe how quickly it grew!

8. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    So cute.... I want ducks but our pond doesnt hold water.... only in the spring. [​IMG] so no ducks yet.

9. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:I have 2 grown ducks out there now, no pond etc. I bring out a bucket of warm water and they bathe fine. In the summer, we have a large kiddie pool they swim in. Its a pain to clean, but worth watching them swim and bathe!

10. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Awww sounds cute...

I got to start out slow dont want to give my Dh a panic attack lol. Getting our 1st chickens soon, ordering them in Feb. Add alittle more every year.... or months. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by