Before And After ....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chickie Mamma, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, I can't believe how much faster a duckling grows than a chick! here's a before and after. Its funny how the duck still hides behind the chick when scared. Chick is 2 weeks old and the duckling is 1 week old now. The duckling still tries to snuggle with the small stuffed bunny that was in there. You can barely see the bunny. [​IMG]

BEFORE..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

AFTER...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eggzettera

eggzettera Songster

[​IMG] awwww too cute. I so want ducks, but they are too messy for my little yard.

3. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    EXTREMELY messy!! I have 2 adult females out with my chickens and I can't keep up with all the mess. But I think they are soooo much cuter, especially as babies!

4. jkpnelly

jkpnelly In the Brooder

Dec 12, 2008
    They sure grow fast. [​IMG]

5. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    [​IMG]

LMBO!!! LOLOLOL now that is tooooo funny! [​IMG]

6. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Its too funny watching that poor duck try to fit on the stuffed bunny. I tried a larger stuffed animal and the duck hid in the corner of the cage. Won't go near it. So I put back its little friend. It will be its friend for life! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Songster

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    That duck is just too cute!! Can't believe how quickly it grew!

8. Jen4

Jen4 Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    So cute.... I want ducks but our pond doesnt hold water.... only in the spring. [​IMG] so no ducks yet.

9. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:I have 2 grown ducks out there now, no pond etc. I bring out a bucket of warm water and they bathe fine. In the summer, we have a large kiddie pool they swim in. Its a pain to clean, but worth watching them swim and bathe!

10. Jen4

Jen4 Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Awww sounds cute...

I got to start out slow dont want to give my Dh a panic attack lol. Getting our 1st chickens soon, ordering them in Feb. Add alittle more every year.... or months. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: