Before Due Hatch...Emergency issues

FloridaHen

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2015
Highlands County,Florida
Normally I don't take in a baby like this, but the egg was pushed into a corner with rejects, when I went to toss it... it pipped and the egg broke . When it finally moved out of the shell, the "umbilical" or maybe " egg sac" was still attached.... is it worth the time and I know it sounds crazy, but can this chick be saved? Reason for small size is it is a bantam mix

Last edited:
I see this was 17 hours ago. By now the chick has probably shed its umbilical cord. One thing you can do for this tiny one is go to Tractor Supply or your feed store and get the smallest bottle of Bovidr Labs Poultry Nutri-Drench. Put some on a Q-tip and open the chicks mouth wiping it along the side of the mouth so the chick gets about 1/2 a drop. It is a top-of-the-line all natural emergency nutritional supplement which does not need digesting. It will mainline directly into the chicks bloodstream. Measureable in 10 minutes with 50% uptake in 30 minutes and 99% utilization. Great stuff, I have used it for years with my poultry with great success. Put it in the chick's water so the water looks like very weak tea. Do that for the 1st 2 weeks of life to get the chick off to a strong start. Drench gives energy , jumpstarts the G.I. tract and helps restore the immune system.
http://www.nutridrench.com
Best,
Karen

Thanks for the advice...finally managed to get it under its original hatching mommy at dark...Picasso (due to being yellow with lots of dark spots here and there) is doing well, not sure if a boy or girl yet...but Picasso fits

Back
Top Bottom