Beginners Quail Farm-Missouri residence

Discussion in 'Quail' started by rayki, Apr 5, 2018.

1. rayki

rayki In the Brooder

Mar 22, 2015
    We are starting to raise quail to sell their eggs and chicks for a little extra income and an a fun hobby. I am looking at our states regulations but really not finding information regarding selling live quail. Is there a specific permit to sell chicks and adult quail? We are getting the $5.00 permit to sell the eggs. Should I just contact the department of agriculture? Thank you!!!

sfaith102 and Rachealx4 like this.
  2. Rachealx4

Rachealx4 Songster

Mar 11, 2018
    East Central Missouri
    :welcome I'm in MO as well. I don't have an answer for you. I didn't even know that the state required a permit to sell eggs!:confused:
    I just wanted to welcome you. What part of MO are you in? There's a MO thread. You may try posting this question there too.

sfaith102 likes this.
  3. rayki

rayki In the Brooder

Mar 22, 2015
    I am in Kansas City :) From what I was reading MO requires a permit if you are selling at farmers markets or some place other than your home and you have to grade the eggs :). You don't need a permit if you are just selling from your house. I will definitely go and check that out. Thank you!

sfaith102 and Rachealx4 like this.
  4. feedman77

feedman77 Crowing

Jun 10, 2013
    I'm from mo. I Sell at auctions and swaps. Unless it's a gamebird bobwhite or ringneck or other regulated bird by the dept. Of conservation. To sell these you need a class 1 breeder permit.

There is no permit necessary for cotournix quail unless it is going to cross state lines.

Cotournix quail are not regulated in the state for eggs and chicks. But selling meat may fall under different standards.

rayki, Rachealx4 and sfaith102 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: