Beginning coop construction....finally!!

Marygerl

Chirping
Feb 24, 2016
Woburn, Massachusetts
Today is the day!! I've been picking up materials for the last few weeks. We started painting some of the pieces the last 2 days (finally no rain!!) I'm basing it on a lean to from coops for a cause (company in center harbor,nh who donates $$ from each coop it sells to charity). I was initially going for a 4X6 coop with s 6X12 run. But decided to go with 6X6 with external next boxes to maximize the floor space. 2 roosts, 6ft long. Photo is what I'm basing my coop on, will post pics from actual build.

Base is done, we finished the back wall and have almost finished the front wall. Just need to trip the plywood and install the window. Then we start on the other 2 walls (pop door and access door). We aren't getting our pullets until Mid June so we've got some time to finish.

Finished for the day, we'll have to move it into position before adding any more weight to it. Lucky it's only about 5 feet to the right. Then we'll finish the roof and add the remaining T1-11 to the sides. Then we'll start the run.

Back
Top Bottom