Behold the power of......CHICKENS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by luvmychicknkids, Feb 14, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    This morning as I was driving the kids to school my cell phone rings...it was my mother. I knew something must be wrong. She never calls that time of morning, she knows what I am doing and she would have just got back from taking her girls to school. I answer with the expected "hey, what's wrong". Here is what I get "Oh nothing hon. Just wanted to tell you what I saw. There are these chickens in a yard on the road to my house. Two hens and a rooster. They are pretty." So I am thinking she has flipped her lid. Alright, there are chickens....soooooooo [​IMG] So she informs me, "I want you to drive by after you drop the boys off at school. I need to know what those hens are.....I WANT SOME!!!!!!" LOL So I did.....Buff Orpingtons believe it or not! She just got new babies today and she is envying someone else their hens!!! *SIGH* It is madness I tell you!!!!

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Like chips: can't have just one!

(eta - or 17!!)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Ugh, I know. She currently has...oh, I think 19, plus the 6 new babies she got today..... AND she took my packing peanuts just HOPING one might be female!!! LOL

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    LOL!!

I started with just 3. Then got another. Now we're planning 3 more chicks from MPC as soon as they start taking orders. I'm debating whether I can slip an extra into the order b/c I really want an EE.

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL....I bet you can find a way!!!! They are so horribly addictive! I promised I wasn't getting any more until we move....just more to have to figure out how to get there. I HAD 9. Got 15 more today. [​IMG] Hey....I only ordered 14 of those! Not my fault they threw in an extra Silkie!!! LOL

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    lol! she has it!

that is to cute and funny!....

but it's the same as when my dad and uncle were driving to cut a lady yard and they spotted a rooster on side the road.. here they both are running down the road trying to catch a rooster..lol!

it's like when people see chickens out in the open far from someone house our heads go blank and we just gotta have them! [​IMG]

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL too cute!!! I can almost picture them running after that rooster!!! These had an obvious home and I warned her not to even ask me to kidnap someone's chickens!!! LOL I knew she wouldn't, but one never really KNOWS when it comes to chickens!!! [​IMG]

8. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    LOL that would have been to funny! ... out there running after hens... then you getting chased by the rooster protecting the hens lol

when i always go to my grandmas the people next to her has chickens.. about 5 of them i have been meaning to ask them what they are because they are so big and so pretty! but i know if i do i will have a bator with that breed eggs in it so i have been holding off...lol

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    You need thrapy for that hatching problem of yours, Mark!!!! [​IMG]

10. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    LOL i really do....

my bator has been running for 2 months now and i just put a set of button eggs in yesterday and i have more eggs coming soon from different people at different times LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by