1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Being herded by hens!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MomKat, Jul 10, 2011.

1. MomKat

MomKat In the Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Mobile, AL
    This evening at dusk, my girls finished up free ranging and went into their enclosure as they do every night at this time. I stayed out in the yard, tending to a few things. I did not close the enclosure door, thinking I would do so when I went back past it on my way inside. Next thing I knew, Charlotte, the largest and most dominant of my hens (they're 18 1/2 wk old RIRs) was following me around squawking loudly. Nothing would make her happy, so I headed back to their enclosure thinking something was wrong. As soon as we got there, she ran inside ans stopped the noise. I checked them out (everything fine!), closed and secured their door, and headed back out to the yard. Charlotte started scolding me again! I turned back to the house and she stopped. I turned back to the yard, and the noise started again! I finally headed back to the house and in, just to make her happy. I guess if it's her bedtime, it must be mine, too! [​IMG]

2. Pokster

Pokster In the Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    Manistique, Michigan
    [​IMG] don't you just love the fuzzie butts! I spend more and more time with mine every day.

3. GardenGal

GardenGal Songster

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    That's great! You're part of the flock [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

6. ginger c.

ginger c. Songster

Apr 20, 2011
    Alabama
    we have an EE, Emma Jean who's the same way. they're just too much fun!

7. nickrex98

nickrex98 Chirping

Jul 2, 2011
    georgia
    [​IMG]

8. awwwww that is precious!!! Just wait until you get wind danced!!!!!

9. lvchicken

lvchicken Songster

Feb 1, 2011
    How adorable!!! I guess she felt that she was dominant over you too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by