BEIs and Cayuga pictures please...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by hendrix25, Sep 10, 2009.

1. hendrix25

hendrix25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    GA
    I have what I believe are Cayugas, however they are flying, well. They all look identical to Cayuga pictures I've seen online. The BEI pictures seem to be a lot smaller than my birds. My birds have longer necks and longer beaks than the BEIs do. The BEIs look like a Cayuga version of a Call to me. Two of my birds are around 7lbs and one is closer to 8lbs. I am linking my previous post about them flying over my house. I really need some good pictures to compare to my birds. This has become quite the mystery. Some pictures I've seen of larger BEIs their bodies resemble my birds but the heads don't, at all.

this is one of them.
    [​IMG]

Can those of you who have these breeds post some pictures. I will get some pictures later today when my DH gets home to help me hold them. I know it's easier for you all to see mine than to show me yours. But I would really like to see for comparisons.

here is the link of my other post, about them flying.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=238533

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  2. Neverenuff

Neverenuff Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2008
    Harrodsburg, Kentucky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are my BIE's

Jamie

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

cayugas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Cayugas are very heavy. Mine don't fly at all. Yours look like either a cross because it's very long/lanky and it's bill is the wrong color for a Cayuga--or a hatchery bird of some sort...

5. hendrix25

Apr 28, 2009
    GA
    Quote:He had been digging in the mud and the picture is edited a bit with black and white with splash coloring. I didn't notice his bill looked red in that picture. Its more of a blackish green.

6. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    I think you might have a cayuga BEI cross..any way here are some pics
    BEI'S
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cayugas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It will also help if you hold your ducks when you take the picture...good size comparison

7. 1lpoock

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Here is one with a BEI and a cayuga...
    [​IMG]

8. hendrix25

Apr 28, 2009
    GA
    ok here are some pictures that i took this afternoon. i really think i have cayugas.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. hendrix25

Apr 28, 2009
    GA
    Quote:Yeah looks like I have Cayugas. My birds are way bigger than the BEI. Mine weigh around 7 lbs.

10. 1lpoock

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    They look like cayugas when you arent holding them....but when you have them they look like BEI's ...its so hard to tell...plus they have a little brown on their chests, maybe they are a cross breed? Anyway, if they are cayugas, they really, i mean really, need to put some weight on...nothing against you, but they just look really thin, i'm sure your feeding them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by