Belgian Bearded D'Uccle

MyBabiesTheChickens

In the Brooder
Jan 2, 2020
We received some fertilized eggs from a lady for Belgian Bearded D'Uccles and are wondering if this breed was sex linked or not. We had 3 hatch and 2 came out darker while the 3rd came out lighter.

We have a pair of the Mille Fleur colored ones.

If there is any colour difference then it should only be very slight, e.g a little darker brown than another. If it’s major then I’d wonder if the parents have other colours in the background or if it’s possible another coloured (or breed) hen got in the breeding pen?

If there is any colour difference then it should only be very slight, e.g a little darker brown than another. If it’s major then I’d wonder if the parents have other colours in the background or if it’s possible another coloured (or breed) hen got in the breeding pen?
The only rooster she had in the run was the Mille Fleur Belgian Bearded D'uccle, but there was another banty hen that was black. I am not sure if their egg sizes are the same. We have a silky and Dark Cornish that lay small eggs but none as small as the Belgian Bearded D'uccle eggs.

The only rooster she had in the run was the Mille Fleur Belgian Bearded D'uccle, but there was another banty hen that was black. I am not sure if their egg sizes are the same. We have a silky and Dark Cornish that lay small eggs but none as small as the Belgian Bearded D'uccle eggs.

Hm, the other hen sounds questionable. Do you want to post some pics of the chicks?

Hm, the other hen sounds questionable. Do you want to post some pics of the chicks?
We hatched only 3 out of 6 eggs. 2 came out looking darker(first pic) and the 3rd one came out yellow(second pic).

Attachments

• 20200121_160614.jpg
    20200121_160614.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200121_160649.jpg
    20200121_160649.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 5
We hatched only 3 out of 6 eggs. 2 came out looking darker(first pic) and the 3rd one came out yellow(second pic).

Doesn’t look like normal Mille colouring. It could be that the parents are lower quality or that there’s another colour involved. I’ll tag @Gray Farms (hope they don’t mind) as I’ve seen them in this forum a lot and they’re far more knowledgable than me, or they may be able to tag another user. I’m just not too familiar with everyone.

Back
Top Bottom