1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Belgian d' Uccles, Black Mottled

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Moonhaven, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Moonhaven

Moonhaven New Egg

Mar 24, 2016
    Evans, WV
    Hello from West Virginia! I have raises chickens for almost 40 years, but my current interest is black Mottled d'Uccles. I had 2 roosters and 3 hens, until my neighbors dog got into our fences yard and killed all but one hen. I really want some more! If you have chicks for sale, let me know, please!!! I want to buy 6-8.

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Sorry to hear about your canine woes - hopefully someone can help you out. You can join the buy/sell/trade forum after 20 posts and that may be a place to consider posting your request.

Good luck
    CT

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    [​IMG]

If you'd like to 'meet' other members in your state, just put West Virginia in the search box and your state thread should pop up.

I hope your neighbor will make some sort of compensation for the lost birds...or at the very least, keep his dogs confined. Otherwise, any new birds you get could very well meet the same fate.

Good luck to you!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I hope your neighbor intends to reimburse you, for your loss to their dog. Or will they allow this to become an ongoing issue?

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by