Belgian D'Anver (Mille Fleur) Male, 45 Wks /N. Ga. Mtns

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by speckledhen, Jan 11, 2012.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Rusty is just one too many males in this group. He's a gorgeous dark mahogany shade of Mille Fleur-if you know this breed, you know you cannot get it from a hatchery! He has great type, from an excellent breeder of rare color D'Anvers, our own Boggy Bottom Bantams.

Rusty is a fiesty "little big man", but if you know D'Anvers, you know that's pretty much expected in this breed. He's a great breeder, super alert, and would produce beautiful chicks for you.

Pickup at my home in Fannin County, GA.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. NanaKat

NanaKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Cynthia...Rusty is gorgeous. I'm sure you will have no problem selling "His Majesty". Great photos by the way!

3. speckledhen

Thanks, Kathryn. He is a handsome little toerag, isn't he? I just don't need four D'Anver males in with three D'Anver females and one banty Cochin; well, they also have a LF Phoenix pullet and my elderly LF Buff Orp hen but those two are not nearly as attractive or "gettable" as the small ladies so Mr. Rusty needs a new home.

4. woodsedge

woodsedge Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2011
    la rue, ohio
    MAN VERY PRETTY wish I was closer or you shipped [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

Thanks! Yeah, I just can't put a live animal in a box and hand it to the P.O., though I know it's done every day. Plus, I'm not NPIP certified, which is a requirement for that to be legal in most states, if not all.

6. riane'smimi

riane'smimi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    orange va
    Beautiful bird :)

7. speckledhen

Thank you. Shhh, don't tell him. He already thinks he's hot stuff, LOL.[​IMG]

8. BoJo

BoJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    Dawsonville, Ga
    Ok... I think Rusty would love my place. I am in Dawsonville and can get up your way Tuesday or Wednesday. I will PM you.[​IMG]

9. speckledhen

Bobbi Jo, I sent you a PM back. [​IMG]

ETA:
    Rusty has gone to a new home. Thank you, Bobbi Jo!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by