1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Belgian D'Anver - What are APA accepted varieties?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by isaacsmommy104, May 5, 2011.

1. isaacsmommy104

isaacsmommy104 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Randolph
    Hey everyone! I'm trying to find out what the accepted varieties of the D'Anver's are. Quite frankly, I can't afford to buy the Standard of Perfection book. Thanks in advance!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:That's for D'Uccles and Booted. D'Anvers are clean-legged and rosecombed. [​IMG]

I was going to point you to the APA list of recognized breeds, bantams included, but didn't find D'Anvers. Hopefully someone more experienced with the breed will point you in the right direction. I know Quail is, the rest I have no clue if they're recognized or not.

4. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    Belgian Bearded d'anvers are recognized in black, blue, cuckoo, Millie fleur, mottled, porcelain, quail, white and self blue. I hope this what you were looking for.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  5. isaacsmommy104

isaacsmommy104 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Randolph
    Thank you all. Last post definitely answered the question!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, crud! I'm so sorry, I didn't read it right, I guess. [​IMG] Gee whiz, I'm just moving too fast today, sorry. I know the difference, good grief, I have D'Anvers and D'Uccles both. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by