Belgian Gamefowl (Belgische Vechter/ Luikse Vechter/ Tiense Vechter) who raise them in United State

Scotty209

Hatching
Mar 14, 2015
Central California
Hello there, I live in California and would like to know, if anyone raise Belgian Gamefowl (Belgische Vechter/ Luikse Vechter/ Tiense Vechter) in the United State, please let me know. I notice that this type of breed is originated around Europe. In the future, I would like to get some and raise them, if anyone in the United State have some or know anyone who raise them. Also, I would like to know a little bit more about this type of breed and how they adapted in United State.

Here are some picture I found online of this type of breed:

Belgian Gamefowl (Rooster)

Belgian Gamefowl (Hen)

Belgian Gamefowl Pair

Belgian Gamefowl Pair

Belgian Gamefowl Young

Crowdogsoldier

Hatching
Sep 3, 2015
Hello Mr Scotty,

my name is Paul Machiels from Belgium and I am breeding the original pure Luikse Vechter from Belgium.
My friend Pierre Vranken and I are 1 from a few who still have the old pure bloodline there is at the moment.

If you are interested in history and Photo's please contact me at : [email protected]

By the way nice roosters.

Greetings,

Paul Machiels

Scotty209

Hatching
Mar 14, 2015
Central California
Thanks for the comment Crowdogsoldier, I been looking to see if anyone in United States raise them because I would like to raise some in the future and learn more about them. These are not my Belgian Gamefowl, but I would like to get some similar to these, if anyone have them in United States raise them.

Crowdogsoldier

Hatching
Sep 3, 2015
Hello Scotty, I wish you very very good luck then, because even in Belgium the 100% pure and good bloodlines are almost extinct like dino's !! Believe me 99,5 % you will find, even in Belgium, are crossed with asian or other blood.
I do not know if you know some history about the Luikse Vechter ? His fighting technics ? How the fight was organised ?
My father, now 88 years old, started with the Luikse Vechter when he was 12 years old. Together with his uncle, the brother of my grandfather who was born in 1885 ! Then you know something about my family and our bloodlines......
In those days all the roosters fought with 100 % natural spurs !! No metal !! Our best champion fought 28 times ( yes, twenty eight ! )
with no match losing !! The father of this rooster fought 1 time in a big game ( at those days a 300 dollar fight ) with more then 700 people visitors and gamblers one of the best roosters of Belgium in 8 minutes dead with natural spurs !!! That was his last game, he was going in the breed. I saw this fight, bloodnervous like hell ,was at that time 15 years old in the year 1978.
If you want some more, just mail me.
Kind regards,

Paul Machiels
Belgium

Top Bottom