Belly inflated near crop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by btguy, Dec 15, 2014.

1. btguy

btguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2013
    North Mississippi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I first noticed this last night when putting them back in the coop after free range. At the Time I wrote it off as a full crop despite feeling liquid instead of like food. It is still there this morning though so I would like to know what I need to do. She is a 2 yo black copper marans

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Search for pendulous crop and see if that fits.

-Kathy

3. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  4. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Are you sure it's liquid? They can also rupture their air sacs in that area.

-Kathy

5. btguy

Dec 19, 2013
    North Mississippi
    It's the sour top I followed direction and she threw up rot... Ugh , I'm putting her in a spare pen where I can keep an eye on her. The smell was not as bad as I read so I assume it was caught early but still

6. btguy

Dec 19, 2013
    North Mississippi
    Cause confirmed she got into the cats scraps and ate a piece of steak fat that was too big for her. She.will get crumbles and steamed veggies and the brooder without lamp tonight and rejoin the flock in the morning, thank you for help casportpony, I had read of this but this is first experience of it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by