Benny and Joon... welll... maybe they both aren't mutts after all....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mojo Chick'n, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Heya all -

ShelleyD sent me some links, and I believe that Joon is a pure Pomeranian - she certainly looks like it (as in much of human genealogy, I can't prove it by anything, but she is the picture of a Pomeranian goose.)

Benny, I believe is Pom mixed with Embden - but then I like mutts, so it isn't any biggie. However, if I breed them, the babies should be 2/3 pure, so they'll have the Pom coloring, which will be nice (they are pretty geese.)

Now, lets just hope Joon is actually a girl [​IMG] she hasn't laid yet, but she is young, so that doesn't prove anything. They certainly act like a "pair" so I'm hoping.

Too bad there isn't an EASY way to tell (aside from chasing them down, tackling them and trying to vent sex a 13 and 25 pound ticked off goose)

meri

2. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I love the names! That movie is one of my favorites-wheres Sam? JD was the cute and talented one! Good luck with your geese! I love mine!

3. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:[​IMG] my son's name is Sam, so I had to forego the "sam" goose.

I don't think he would have appreciated it.

although I did once name a Guinea after my mom [​IMG] - and it was a title well deserved. Love the woman, but she has this habit of going on and on and on about nothing.... very loudly.... hope it's not genetic.

meri

4. cici_p

cici_p Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Where are the pictures??[​IMG]

5. banter

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Mojo Chick'n :

although I did once name a Guinea after my mom [​IMG] - and it was a title well deserved. Love the woman, but she has this habit of going on and on and on about nothing.... very loudly.... hope it's not genetic.

meri

[​IMG]
    I have named pets for family members too! I'm not telling which ones [​IMG]
    How about a Johnny Depp?[​IMG]

6. Mojo Chick'n

meri

[​IMG]
    I have named pets for family members too! I'm not telling which ones [​IMG]
    How about a Johnny Depp?[​IMG]

[​IMG] well, my other son is Jon - but if Joon turns out to be a boy - she'll have to be Johnny, I guess (never called my son Jonny - just Jon)

meri

7. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:let's see, I think I can find em.....

[​IMG]

Joon
    [​IMG]

Benny
    [​IMG]

I just refilled their pool - and they are currently wrestling over who gets to have it - I hope Joon is a girl - they certainly aren't acting like it right now.

Benny is the one who sticks his neck out at dogs, chickens, cars as they pass - Joon doesn't do that. Usually Joon is submissive to Benny, but not always - she tries to climb on top of him every time he tries to climb on top of her.

Hopefully the goose eggs I have in the bator will hatch me out some girls, though, so I'll be sure to have some. (got the eggs at the auction - they are American Buff eggs)

8. banter

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Wow! I love them-too cute!

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    so now that i have 2 ducks...is that what my lawn is gonna look like?

10. kwack

kwack Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2009
    Delaware County
    Mojo Chick'n :

Heya all -

ShelleyD sent me some links, and I believe that Joon is a pure Pomeranian - she certainly looks like it (as in much of human genealogy, I can't prove it by anything, but she is the picture of a Pomeranian goose.)

Benny, I believe is Pom mixed with Embden - but then I like mutts, so it isn't any biggie. However, if I breed them, the babies should be 2/3 pure, so they'll have the Pom coloring, which will be nice (they are pretty geese.)

Now, lets just hope Joon is actually a girl [​IMG] she hasn't laid yet, but she is young, so that doesn't prove anything. They certainly act like a "pair" so I'm hoping.

Too bad there isn't an EASY way to tell (aside from chasing them down, tackling them and trying to vent sex a 13 and 25 pound ticked off goose)

meri

Make sure you get video of that![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by