Berta and Greta's big friend

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Dudu, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    ─Žal Luqa, Malta
    Just thought I'd share some pics and a video of two of our babies - Berta (the "white" one) and Greta (the "black" one) (sorry, I'm not that well-versed yet in chicken colours).

The short story is that we found them in our chicken yard, probably hatched somewhere where we couldnt reach to check for eggs, and no hen in the yard claimed them as hers, so we had to take them home (first Berta and then next day Greta appeared).

This is Berta the second day or so, with our bunny Peppi. Peppi was impatient to find his breakfast, LOL, so he concentrated his efforts on that, first looking near his cage and then near Berta's box, and Berta in turn relied on him for finding it. They did finally find something under Jonny the Greenfinch's cage, LOL.

This is Pep with Berta and Greta:
    [​IMG]

And this is when a few days ago the chickies got a new (well, second-hand, but new to them, LOL) crate. It was used for canaries before, but we figured for now it should serve them for a while, and then we'll see. (My partner has already expressed his suspicion that "these two are going to stay in the house I guess", LOL).

[​IMG]

2. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    cute video!

3. ouracrybaby

ouracrybaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Wellsburg
    Awww does the chick think the bunny is her mama? So adorable watching her follow the rabbit all over.

4. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Those little chicks sure can move! So adorable the little chick following the bunny. Makes me want a rabbit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by