Beside myself..

nicodemuschickenfan

Songster
11 Years
Nov 9, 2008
Enid, OK!
I swear I feel as if my life is on the rocks right now. Everything seems to be going terribly wrong just recently. I will have no choice but to put down two of my pets tomorrow. A few days ago my rat Cupcake developed an ear infection that destroyed her equilibrium and now she can barely move around. Last night as I was checking on my baby girl Cupcake I noticed that her sister Kitty had a huge tumor on her chest that wasn't there the day before. I have seen a vet and been informed that neither one will be able to live productive lives at this point. So they will be put down tomorrow.. This right after two of their brothers died just a week ago and a month ago. And that just after I got back from the hospital where the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me in the slightest bit yet still charged me a thousand dollars. Which of course I don't have. So now I have to borrow money from my parents that I'll likely never be able to pay off to take care of the bills and pay the vet. I've had common store bought rats since I was a kid and they never died like this. Now that I bought pedigree rats they are each getting cancer and dying. I'm fed up with all the pain and death that surrounds me of a sudden. Just plain fed up. Now I'm being as positive as I can about this but with all my home stresses and what's going on back at my folks place it's about enough to drive a man straight up the wall and into a loony bin. Sorry but I had to vent. It's all just too much at once. Well, guess now that I've let some steam off I'll go back to being as upbeat as I can be.. *sigh*

hugs.gif

So sorry this is happening all at once.

Does not sound like the rats are the main problem. Sure hope you have someone there who you can talk to.

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble! I hope that everything that is going on now will turn around and you will be blessed with twice as much happiness!!!
hugs.gif

P.S. The bunny is cute!!
bun.gif

Hi, only a suggestion, take "farmer kitty" advice, one day at a time. There are solutions to problems, we have to look for them. Start anew:::: and have a great day. Be blessed

i understand the whole DR thing... i have been sick with strange symptoms for many years(6 years).. doctors could never find out WHAT is wrong with me.. so they wanted to give me PSYCH meds because they said it was "all in my head".....it is SO frustrating.. finally found a DR that belived me and figured out what could possibly be wrong (auto-immune) ... and we are treating me herbally...
and i am sorry to hear about your beloved pets,, but RATS do not live long and DO have cancer... but it is always hard to lose a friend.
not to long ago my best horsey friend (shadow) i owned him all his life 26 years, i grew up on his back... i just had to put him down, the hardest thing i ever had to do in my life..

there are others out there that understand what you are going through.. and "one day at a time" is all we can do sometimes..

shadow is running throught the clouds now...
18399_shadowfly-close.jpg

Thank you guys. It really means something when you can care about what a person is going through, even when you don't know them. That's what I love about this forum. I've belonged to many forums and left them all because they were filled with what seemed like nothing but angry children wanting nothing but to blast you no matter what you said or did. But the people here are so much different; so much better then that. I am defiantly sticking around this forum so you better get used to me. lol jk

As for my rats, they are at peace now and though I will miss them I know that there will always be a tomorrow and will head for it with my head up high and dry eyes. They have good company up there and all my old pets are waiting for me I'm sure; till then their brothers will keep me company.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom