Best $2 toy we ever bought

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Aug 8, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    We bought a laser pointer for the cats. Much to my disappointment, Kitty is only mildly interested in it and KiKi acts as if she can't see it.
    The chickens love it and it's funny to watch them all trying to peck at the red "bug" at once. They lose interest real quick though.
    Jax, on the other hand, never loses interest in it. He will chase it until he falls over from exhaustion.
    He has plenty of toys, some really expensive ones, but he loves the laser the best:

[​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I so want to get one to play with my chicks!! I bet that is a hoot! [​IMG]

3. chickenchik12

chickenchik12 Songster

Jun 9, 2009
    stumptown CA
    haha ive tried that with my dog but hes colorblind...sooo. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. lovemychix

lovemychix Songster

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    We have one of those for our kitty cat. Drives them crazy. [​IMG] I can sit and kitty gets excercise. [​IMG]

5. NancyP

NancyP Songster

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    Our youngest cat Katie will chase it around in circles till she gets dizzy and falls.

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Okay cat owners, have you tried the "Kitty Intelligence Test" with your cat?
    You put a piece of scotch tape on the right front paw and a piece on the back left paw (or vice versa). If your kitty is smart they'll shake their paws for a second, but then sit down and pull the tape off with their teeth.
    Dumb cats will fall all over themselves trying to walk and shake their legs at the same time. [​IMG]

7. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    my dogs love it, they start barking before I even turn it on

Our bull mastiff that just died would stare at the ceiling for 30 minutes after we turned it off just waiting for it to come back

8. BFeathered

BFeathered Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    "Stormin" Norman our Siamese would go insane when he was younger if you played with a laser pointer! Best all-purpose pet toy and adult attention-getter ever made. (although watching inebriated adults chase the little red dot was a bit odd, I admit)

9. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    One year for Christmas my hubby was all excited about the laser level he opened.

Then I had to break it to him that he opened the cat's Christmas present. [​IMG]

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: