best and cheapest place to buy dried mealworms?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by pjreviea, Sep 1, 2013.

1. pjreviea

pjreviea New Egg

Aug 25, 2013
    I really don't have the room or time to grow my own mealworms, so I was wondering where the best and cheapest places to purchase them. Bought the frenzy worms, but they seem so expensive for the container size. Thanks

2. marktoo

marktoo Chillin' With My Peeps

$18.00 for 10 oz at the local feed store, $30.00 for 30 oz at amazon.

3. Sally_O

Sally_O Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2010
    Kentucky
  4. LadyMaryChicken

LadyMaryChicken Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2013
    I buy mine on eBay -- a 5lb bag for about $50. They are the sellers at tastyworms.com, but I often find the price to be cheaper on eBay.

Still wish they were even cheaper though!

5. melinda653

melinda653 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2013
    Palm City, Florida
    I get dried mealworms along with dried crickets from www.naturespeck.com
    The mealworms are $13.75 for 1 lb., and $53 for 5 lbs. They give you free shipping on orders over $30. The dried crickets are very high quality. I mix them into "The Ladies'" food everyday and they just devour them.

6. Urbananimals

Urbananimals New Egg

Dec 10, 2013
    Milton, Florida
    I use tastyworms.com too! I grow my own mealworms, kinda gross. I get dried solider fly larva from them, says its made in USA. I'm still new at having chickens, but they go crazy for mealworms. It's so cute!

1 person likes this.
  7. crazy huhn

crazy huhn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2008
    In response to Taly's post:
    Wonderful ;)
    We all try to feed our chickens and pets the highest quality meal worms available. Some people like myself are using all organic bran and veggies for the mealies, so no chemicals involved unlike worms bred by commercial breeders or even overseas.
    We have seen the negative impact of dog and/or cat food from China here in the USA at numerous occaisions. So now chemical treated dried meal worms for our poultry, reptiles and others? No thanks. I will keep breeding my own and encourage all BYCers to do the same.

2 people like this.
  8. DownSouthOrps

DownSouthOrps Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2014
    Mealworms for sale free shipping pm me

1 person likes this.
  9. MAXMAX

MAXMAX New Egg

Jul 17, 2015
  10. MAXMAX

MAXMAX New Egg

Jul 17, 2015
    we manufacturer the industrial microwave for dring mealworm including vertical model and tunnel model. For information, please view
    [​IMG]www.maxindustrialmicrowave.com

11. MAXMAX

MAXMAX New Egg

Jul 17, 2015
    we manufacturer the industrial microwave for dring mealworm including vertical model and tunnel model. For information, please view
    maxindustrialmicrowave.com

12. MAXMAX

MAXMAX New Egg

Jul 17, 2015
    we manufacturer the industrial microwave for dring mealworm including vertical model and tunnel model. For information, please view [​IMG]http://www.maxindustrialmicrowave.com/

please help us to post this news

best regards

13. nhbradley

nhbradley Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2014
    Could you email me at NH Bradley Yahoo and let me know the prices for the live mealworms? Could I start this in the winter with an aquarium inside? Or would it be really gross? I am very interested in growing these for my Peafowl and other birds. Thank you

14. MongoMama

MongoMama New Egg

Nov 29, 2014
    Mealworms by pound

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by