Best and Worst Movie Lately

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by desertgirl, Nov 29, 2009.

1. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Been watching a lot of movies lately. THe best and worst that come to mind are;

Best: A Christmas Carol (amazing effects)[​IMG]

Worst: Observe and Report (anyone associated with that movie should be ashamed. What a giant turd of a movie! [​IMG])

What about you guys?[​IMG]

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

2012 is great......
    Fireproof is good if you like the religious stuff. Im a retired firemen so I may be bias.

Cant think of a bad one lately.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  3. skeeter03

skeeter03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Vernon
    ok I dont go to the theater ever so I am always behind in the newest but dh came home with a real winner and it was rated #5 -year one we watched like 10 minutes and had enough and turned it off.

I have watched a bit of the twilight movies "YAWN" dont get the hype found the acting horribly awkward and basically boring .

honestly cant remember the last "decent would recomend to others" movie that I have watched.

4. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    Julie Julia was pretty good and it's the last one I've seen.

5. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    Best movie ever: ultimate gift

Movie w/good idea but the language ruins it : The ugly truth

6. Nemo

Nemo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    N'rn Wisconsin
    I rented the DVD of the latest Star Trek movie last week. Seemed like a pretty good movie; wish I could have seen it. I watched the bonus material after the movie, and the director was bragging about everything I hated about the filming... Lens flares nearly every other second and the now-standard shaky camera.

The camera work wasn't quite as bad as the the Bourne Supremacy or Ultimatum, but still pretty annoying. I loved Bourne Identity, and couldn't wait when I heard Supremacy was coming out. I almost got motion sick from the camera shaking and zooming all over the place. When I heard Ultimatum was coming out, I thought, "They won't do THAT again." I was wrong. If they film a fourth and Paul Greengrass is the director, I will not go see it.

I don't know why they spend hundreds of millions of dollars to film a movie if they don't want you to actually be able to watch it.

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Quote:I like all those. [​IMG]

8. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

We rented Four Christmases.

Hilarious but not for the under 18 crowd in my book. Lots of sexual reference and innuendo.

9. accio! chickens

accio! chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    CANADA
    Best ever ever ever (and the book): Precious

I cannot praise this movie more. It is an inspirational story, and beautiful. The book is just as good, if not better. (There are two copies, one based on the movie called Precious and the original which the movie is based on called Push, by Sapphire).

I also really liked Whip It

I can't say much for bad movies

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  10. accio! chickens

accio! chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    CANADA
    Quote:Really? That movie is similar to movies I watched when I was 15 or 16.. I'm almost 21 now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by