Best baked goods recipes for the Alzheimers Association.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lengel, Jun 11, 2008.

1. lengel

lengel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    What are your absolute best over the top killer baked goods recipes?

I received a newsletter from MIL's nursing home today. They are doing three bake sales this year instead of two.

I'm good at chocolate chip cookies, banana bread, coffee cake, cake with butter cream frosting and brownies. And they eat that up, so to speak. I sell out every time. But I need something more. Preferably something easy to make and addictively good. I want to increase volume. Anything that I can make in advance and saves well would be fantastic as well.

This is for the Alzheimers Association (and yes, we are doing bake sales for that effort) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The first bake sale is July 22nd, the second in August and the last mid-September.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

2. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Super easy and addictive:

1 c peanutbutter
    1 c sugar
    1 egg

Mix and roll into small balls. Press a Hershey's Kiss into each and bake @350 for five minutes only. (I like to bake the balls for a minute and then add Kiss and bake for five.)

Good luck with your bake sales!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  3. lengel

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    Oh very nice. I can make about a couple hundred of those.

4. BowChickaBowMow

BowChickaBowMow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I usually do russian tea cakes (also called wedding something or others) They're little round balls, w/ ground up nuts in them... and they're dipped in powder sugar when they come out of the oven. Then I freeze them. They're just fantastic after thawing. So I can make a couple batches a week or two (or more) ahead of time, and freeze them and just take 'em out on bake sale day.

I also do peanut butter fudge.. but not the cooked kind. Just a real easy recipe that I put into sheet cake pans and then melt chocolate chips w/ some butter and spread over top, cool til set. Then slice up into little bite size pieces of fudge. This also freezes very well... and is VERY addictive. I prepackage them before freezing. PM me if you'd like the recipe.

5. ponderchick

ponderchick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    east texas
    I make the boil cookies with oatmeal, cocoa, and peanutbutter. they are fast and easy to make and anytime i send them to a bake sale they have sold out immediatly. THey are my husbands great grandmas recipe.

2 cups of sugar
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2cup milk
    3 level tablespoons cocoa
    boil in a saucepan for 2 minutes then add
    3cups of oatmeal
    1/2cup peanut butter
    1teaspoon of vanilla
    mix well then drop onto wax paper, let cool then package as you like

I hope you can use it and good luck on your fundraiser!
    [​IMG]

6. lengel

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    Oh yes!! That looks very much like the no-bake cookie recipe that I remember from my childhood. I can't remember who made it for the life of me though - one of my stepmother's relatives, I think.

Thank you so much!

7. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    PonderChick, there's not someone in his family named, Burcher/Bercher, or something like that, is there?

My granny made those cookies, which our family calls, Bobby Burcher cookies, because she got the recipe from the mother of a boy scout, named, you guessed it, BB.

The time frame I'm not sure of, but if she was alive, she'd be around 100 now, and there's not a time in my life that she didn't make them.

We used to beg her to make them when we visited, and I, in turn, made them for my children. No one in my husband's family had ever eaten anything like them when I first made them for them, and my Dmil never could make them.

I always considered it kind of an easy, foolproof recipe, but hers always were kind of sugar-grainy and dry, like she didn't have enough liquid, or put too much sugar and/or oats, which she didn't. Then she overcorrected, and they didn't set. Strange.

Anyway, you're the first person outside of my family that I've met with this recipe! [​IMG] (Unless, uhm, we're related....?) [​IMG]

8. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

My family uses that recipe, too. I think it is very common here in southern Indiana because I see them available at bake sales a lot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by