Best barn shoes?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by watchdogps, Sep 19, 2011.

1. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    I need some easy on, easy off shoes to do my chicken duties in. I have old tennis shoes, but the ventilation makes for dirty socks and wet feet if the grass is wet. I also have feet that hate shoes. Super high arches, and not much padding on the bottoms so I tend to need cushy shoes. Any suggestions? Crocs and I do not get along, so those are out.

2. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    I go barefoot or wear flip flops all the time, I even tilled the garden barefooted when it was too muddy to wear boots.... the girls at the manicure salon hate me!!

3. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    I usually slip on my Justin Gypsy boots. Quick, easy, comfy, and no pecked toes.

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I wear those black rubber looking pull on boots from TSC, I think I paid $9.99 for them. They're great!

5. Cpprpnny19

Cpprpnny19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Middleboro
    I go barefoot most of the time, but if I should wear shoes I love the LL Bean slip ons.

Worn out 3 pairs already!

Lynne [​IMG]

6. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    I cant do barefoot. My feet hurt even to go barefoot in the house. I have some bones that grow in funny directions, so they are closer to the bottom of my feet than they should be.

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I just wear my boots. Bought them when I worked at horse stables. Now I wear them hear. Easy on Easy off.

8. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Quote:I WISH I could get a pair of boots! I have never been able to find a pair that didnt make me want to cry from the pain though. Too hard bottomed. I guess I could try some inserts, but the prob there is that my stupid feet have such high arches they are now too tall for the shoes/boots once I have insoles in. Grr!

9. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:+1
    I buy the rubber boots from the feed store and they last a long time. I am in and out of them two or three times a day and love them.

10. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:I WISH I could get a pair of boots! I have never been able to find a pair that didnt make me want to cry from the pain though. Too hard bottomed. I guess I could try some inserts, but the prob there is that my stupid feet have such high arches they are now too tall for the shoes/boots once I have insoles in. Grr!

I have seen for sale these boots that are designed to fit over shoes. Hmm but I don't remember the name of them. I will look around....

ok here is one company- the first that came up on the search engine and I have never heard of them but it gives you an idea...

and by the way the brand I love and wear is Servus- I noticed they have Servus.

http://www.slipfreeshoes.com/shop/categories.php?grp=1&id=120

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by