Best bird to buy for a birth day

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by aldren90, Jan 2, 2011.

1. aldren90

aldren90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    What is a good bird that is a softball or parrot to buy for a birth day I have all kinds of birds like ducks geese pheasants quail chickens game birds rosey bourkes Quaker cockatiels and parakeets and a grackle but what birds that are softbills or parrots that make good pets preferably softbills and does anyone know anything about them I love turacos too

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  2. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    I was gonna say finches, I see you have finches on your website. They are such happy little birds. The other one I would choose to give as a birthday gift would be a canary. They are so beautiful and have such a wonderful voice!

BTW- I see you have ringneck doves. I am interested in 2 female, white doves. I have 2 very lonely boys. Do you have whites and are you interested in selling a couple of girls?

Lisa

3. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    Not right now I have all the doves I am gonna keep I just cleared out a lot of doves and sold 2 pair of whites and have a trio left and those are the last of the whites where are you located cause I can get you some or I can tell you where to

4. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    I was gonna say finches, I see you have finches on your website. They are such happy little birds. The other one I would choose to give as a birthday gift would be a canary. They are so beautiful and have such a wonderful voice!

I have heard that canaries are hard to raise though also I forgot to mention I do have a pair of lavender Indian fantails for sale I need to fix all my pics on there​

5. peepsnbunnies

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    I live in Sebring. I will be in Lake City this weekend at the Chicken Show, are you going to come to the show?

6. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    Yes

7. peepsnbunnies

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    I would love to raise canaries. I don't know if they are hard or not. Hubby will not let me have one though. Maybe someday. I have a cage full of zebra finches on the front porch and a pair of African Laughing Doves as well. Oh, almost forgot a pair of Diamond Doves too. I LOVE BIRDS!

8. peepsnbunnies

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Are the white doves close by? Maybe I could contact them and if they are not too far away, maybe pick some up if they have girls for sale.

9. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    What are African laughing doves and do you have any diamond doves available also one of my friends said they are extremely hard to raise

10. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    Alachua

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by