best brand of chicken feed?

sydney13

Songster
Mar 11, 2010
Massachusetts
i was wondering what are some of the best brands of chicken feeds? our feed store sells a good variety including purina, layena, blue seal, poulin grain, and some other brands. are their any brands to avoid and any brands i should stick to?

Quote:
We use only Kent too!!
I stay far far away from anything called Purina
wink.png

Last edited:
Blue Seal, Purina and Nutrena are the big names in my area. I don't know if any one is better. Myself, I buy from a local feed mill that mixes their own. The cost is about half. They have been there forever and I hope they stay. I think you pay for the name and the pretty colored paper bag with the big dogs. Will

Quote:
We use only Kent too!!
I stay far far away from anything called Purina
wink.png

I never did like Purina.
I like Kent a lot. I been using there High Flyer

Chris

I just switched to Kent when I found out that I could get it at Meyers, They order the kind I want, I pick-up twice a week. I switched from Purina.

Quote:
i buy blueseal brand its only 10.75 for a 50lb bag of layer mash in my area. i tryed layena mash from purina mills my birds didnt like it and it was 15.00 a bag.

I agree with all who dislike purina. I quit feeding Purina after my quail developed Vitamins B defficiency (Purina is "proud" not to use any animal products in their overrated and overpriced feed).

Plant matter is not a complete source of group B vitamins necessary for well being of most animals and humans.

Chickens are not vegetarians, they are omnivores.

Also soy beans, major ingredient Purina uses is JUNK.

Back
Top Bottom