**Best brands of food**

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Tripp16, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hi I am going to get food for my 3 month old pullets wasnt sure what brand and type of food to get.[​IMG] I got scratch the first time and figured out that wasnt enough protein in their diet. [​IMG]

So my question is what brand of food is best? And what type like layer or chick starter? I am clueless! Lol [​IMG]

Sorry for the stupid questions! [​IMG] But hey asking questions is how we learn! [​IMG]

Thanks for any advice/help!! [​IMG]

2. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Chillin' With My Peeps

3. lucyboo

lucyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    im new to the chicken life but we had pullets and wht we used was the regular pellets but they sell them as a crushed version we got it from tractor supply i think! hope tht helps!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Thanks I will certainly try this! And thanks for coupons!!! [​IMG]

5. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    Look for a good local feed mill feed. Purina is really expensive for the same stuff.

6. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    There are a lot of opinions on this. Different feeds are in different parts of the country. If you type in Purina feed, or "feed opinions" etc..you will find lots of discussions to help you make your choice.

7. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Thanks! I have already made a choice and they seem to like it pretty good. Thanks for advice though! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by